Friday, May 18, 2012

Lexie's 3rd Haircut

Driving home from getting some frozen yogurt for Andrew's preschool fundraiser (after which he told me he wishes he could live at the yogurt shop because I like all of the kinds of yogurt), Lexie said, "Mom, I want a haircut. Can I do it today?" So, we made a quick little detour & got her a haircut. (As well as one for Joseph.) 
The before:
 The after:
The donated:
Again Lexie wanted to donate her hair to Locks of Love. She loves her new "cuddly & soft" hair & wishes that she had a blanket made out of her hair because it's so soft. She cracks me up!

Also, I was reminded today of a sweet story about Lexie I'd like to document before I forget about it again. A few months back I asked Lexie to run out to the car & grab something for me. In the front of the car I had a baggie of those icky sweethearts from Valentine's day. I use them to keep Eliza happy at times or to bribe or reward kids for different things. You know, just good to have a treat in the car & boy do they like them-for whatever reason. Well, upon getting the thing I asked her to get (can't rem'ber now), Lexie saw the baggie & said to herself, "Yum, I want one" and picked one out to eat. She picked it up the candy & saw that it said "angel" on it. Immediately she thought, "An angel girl wouldn't take this without permission" and put it back & came inside. Then she told me about it. What a sweet girl! I sure know that I wouldn't have been like that at her age. I would have eaten it. I love that she is honest & thinks long and hard about things before doing them. I love my Lexie so much!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet girl! Glad you're not a bad influence on her... ;)

    ReplyDelete