This weekend I got to go to Kansas by myself (& all of my siblings) to celebrate what would have been my Dad's 70th birthday. It was a lot of fun. We don't all get to be together very often & this was only the 4th time we've all made it to Kansas to my parent's house ever. And the first time was in 1999. That's what happens when you have a big family & the oldest is married before the youngest is born.
We had a lot of fun chatting, playing games, cooking, & got to tour the new School of Pharmacy Building up at KU. It was really awesome. It made me want to go back to school. They can do some pretty awesome things-even have comfortable chairs, who knew? It's a really cool building!
For FHE, my sister Janae, put together a fun quiz about Dad & we had pie & cake to celebrate his birthday since some of us were leaving on Tuesday, his real birthday.
On Tuesday morning we went to the Kansas City Temple & all went through a session together. It was really nice and awesome! The session was super crowded (needed extra folding chairs) & we had many things happen that slowed things down, but it was still a really great experience. After the session, Sister Hardy, the temple matron, was kind enough to let us see the Bride's room which wasn't on the Open House tour. It was the prettiest one I've ever been in & she had neat stories & insight about it to tell. I wish Lexie could have been there for it, too.
After the temple we went out to eat & then I got to hang out at the airport with Barbara & Heather. Unfortunately my plane was delayed 45 minutes, but I made it home & it was great to see my kids & Rick. He did a great job holding down the fort-especially for the last week of school & all of the craziness which comes with that.
I loved getting to be with all of my siblings & mom this weekend. We don't get together enough like this but I'm grateful that we were able to get everyone's busy schedules in a row so we could get together & celebrate. I've got such an awesome family!
The sisters:
The brothers:
FHE:Jayhawk at Pharmacy Building:
Soda fountain at Pharmacy Building:
12 kids + Mom at the KC Temple:
Siblings in order at the house: Siblings at the Temple:
Happy Birthday to my wonderful Dad! We sure miss & love you lots!









No comments:
Post a Comment